Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Garfield County Fair 2014 Quilt Display





These are our quilts from our fair, here in Panguitch.

This beautiful quilt was made by my friend LaVee.  She does tremendous work.  I think she knows how to do everything.  I would call her one of my heroes.  I think I want to be like her when I grow up.  Any way she wasn't going to put this in the fair and I wouldn't take no for an answer.  I entered it for her and she got best in show.

This is my friend LaVee Roundy.


This is Tarra Conner and her grand daughter.  She made this red and black photo quilt.  I would call it a memory quilt.

Helen Slack is one of my sewing friends too.  She made these embroidered dish towels for one of her grandchildren.  She is almost ninety and she is still going.  She is an inspiration to us all.

LaRetta is always there for me to help me in what ever I get involved in.  She is such a trouper.  Her house quilt is beautiful.  She is a really good friend.

It was LaRetta and her husband Grant's anniversary.  We love them both and say congratulations.


This one is mine.  It is the Little Town on Bethlehem pattern by Under the Garden Moon designs.

Diane is so fun.  She is also part of our group.  This is a quilt that she made for her husband, Bruce.  It turned out beautifully.  

This is LaRetta's jelly roll race quilt.  She is really proficient on her embroidery Bernina machine and added the flowers.  She also added chenille tape for the vines.  I love the look.

This is a closer look at Tarra's quilt.



This log cabin quilt is mine.  I love that line of fabric.  I used two honey buns and the panel.  My friends also gave me scraps they had to make my quilt complete.

This quilt was made by adding photos of places here in Panguitch.  It gives some of the history too.  It is very impressive.

This is LaVee's other quilt she entered.  It is beautiful too.


This is another view of LaRetta's Quilt.



I am fairly sure this is Jerilu's quilt.  She is great.  She is a good friend. Let me tell you she has a wonderful garden too.


This is my Bitter Sweet Quilt.  The pattern is by Kim Diehl.  It was my first quilt that I hand quilted on my own.

I was working on this up until early in the morning of when we had to turn these in.  I am so glad to have it done.  The pattern is At Home In The Garden by Norma Whaley.

Pearl Walker of Panguitch, made this.  It is beautiful.  She did a wonderful job.  She got the Peoples choice on this.

This is another one of LaRetta's Quilts.  It is gorgeous.  She did a beautiful job on it.

Jerilu made this flannel quilt.  I love the feel of it.  It is so rich, with the deep colors it has.  I love the fabric.

Jerilu is a Kim Diehl fan.  She has done several of Kim's patterns.  This is one of them and it is vibrant. I love it.

Lorna lives in Hatch, which is the next town on highway 89.  She did these mini quilts.  They are not mini in beauty.  I love them.  I really especially love the hexagon quilt.  The top one is of Red Canyon, which is close to us on the way to Bryce Canyon.

T-shirt quilts are easier said than done.  It is hard to not have them stretch out of shape as you sew them.  This one has a supper soft back.  I don't know if you call it minky or cuddle or what ever but is was really nice.

I think this was called Cheese and Crackers. 

Diane made this from her scraps.  It is darling and has that soft minky on the back.  Which ever granddaughter gets this will love it.

This is a cross stitch quilt.  It is nice.

Diane also did this one.  It is really nice.

Our fellow quilt guild member, and friend, Roxanna made this.  I especially love the scallop edge.  She is getting really good at the quilting too.

Jerilu is a wonderful quilter.  This one is hers too.  It got the sweep stakes.

My friend loves this one so much she says she is going to make it.  It is a nice one.

The chevron pattern is certainly popular lately.  Those fabrics are cute.





This quilt was made by a local pre-teen.  She did a good job.  She got that batting for judges choice.











This is what I call a postage stamp quilt.  I love the pattern and how scrappy it is.

This is another cross-stitched baby quilt.



This concludes our Garfield County Fair Quilt Show.  It was really fun and I really hope that next year we will have double the quilts.  We really should have a lot more.  Our guild could have brought more.  I wonder how other fairs are doing out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment