Thursday, April 23, 2015

Easter Ride 2015



I would like you all to meet most of my family.  From left to right there is Sophie, Eric is my husband, Jacob, Zoey, and Wylee.  Of course I am not in the picture because I was taking it and my oldest son, Cameron is not in the picture.  He is on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Peru.  He comes home the 28th of this month.  We are so excited.
 We went to Colorado for Easter to be with family that we don't see most of the time.  We try to make it each year to the Easter Ride.  The girls were having an egg hunt and Wylee was playing with the ball.

 These are two of my husband's aunts.  They are a couple of wonderful ladies.  On the left is his Aunt Barbara.  She has the ranch that we go to for the B-B-Q and ride.  His Aunt Claudette is on the right.  She is so good at keeping in touch with everyone.  I just love both of these ladies.

We go on a scavenger hunt to find the treasure.  It is a load of fun.  Since we no longer have horses it is a great time for my kids to ride.

Barbara has the first clue in her hand.  She makes up the scavenger hunt and keeps the clues in pill bottles.  That way the papers don't blow away or get wet.  She also has them numbered.  She hides them the night before all over Mack.


 Our group was smaller this year but it was still fun.  I guess with a smaller group we have fewer problems with horses that don't get along.  We go through Mack, Colorado.  That is where Barbara's ranch is.



 This is my middle child, Wylee.  I antiqued this photo.  I think it looks like one of the pictures from that old picture book, Billy and Blaze.  I used to love those books.

Cindy is in the front.  She does trail rides and brings horses to match the abilities of the riders. 
 Here is my husband and youngest.


 Just the smile on Zoey's face makes this whole ride priceless.



Eric's cousin Dionne and her boyfriend are also great to help with the horses.  I don't think it would go as well with out them.  Other family and friends help too and are also vital to the whole get together.  So many do so much but the best part is being together.





 The group is heading back toward the ranch now.  My son drove me around so I could take photos.  I like taking pictures more than I like riding horses.  I can enjoy my pictures year round.


 Zoey was the lucky one to get to go get the treasure.  That can if full of eggs, chocolate, candy, and treats.  Then it is dumped into a huge bowl and everyone gets to eat what they like.



No comments:

Post a Comment