Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Beaver Fair Quilts

I was able to go with some people from our county to judge their county fair.  It was out near Minersville.  I want you to know that I was not the judge of these beautiful quilts.  I was poking my nose in to see the quilts when they were supposed to be judging.  I took partial pictures of the quilts but these are some of the quilts they had there.  Let me just say that they have a very friendly group of people there in their county.  They have a guild that meets the first Tuesday at 10:00 at the opera house in Beaver.  I have not gone yet but I plan on visiting their guild.  I am sure they welcome everyone.
This quilt is perfect to show off the different barns.  I really think this is a beautiful quilt.  This is Amy Albreht's quilt.  It was quilted by LaReesa Baldwin.  It is called Where the Cows come home.
This is not the whole quilt but it was made and quilted by Michelle McNeill.


This fish could be straight from our Panguitch Lake.  It is amazing.


Geneal Yardley made this one.

This moose in the woods was done by Judy Langford.

This would be a good pattern for beginner modern quilters.  It was done by Susan Terry.






This one I think could be pieced and quilted at the same time.  It has the raw edge appliqué.




This is only one block of this quilt.  The pattern is really cute and I have seen it in many different quilts.  I never tire of it.


My friend Helen would love this one.  She loved these types of blocks.  It is a darling quilt.


Sorry that this is crooked but the Sun Bonnet Sue's are made by Susan Larity.






Mariam Kerksiek made this double wedding ring.  It looks like it was hand quilted too.


This is just a little part of this quilt but it is still nice to see.







This hexagon quilt is done with half at a time.  It turned out cute.  I think Jenny Doan has the tutorial for this one on her site.
Nella Black made this one.

Sandi Cosbey calls this cutting corners.  I only wish I could have shown you all sooner so you would be inspired to go to their fair.  They had a lot going on there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment