Thursday, December 3, 2015

Fresh Pumpkin Ginger Bread


I made this Fresh Pumpkin Ginger Bread with my left over pumpkins from Halloween.  I had a huge jack-o-lantern that I sliced up and baked to add to my pumpkins.  Clean out your pumpkins inside and out.  Then bake them until they are tender.  I let them cool for about 20-30 minutes so that when I pureed them they would not make a mess.  Pumpkins can be stringy so make sure you puree them well. I had a variety of pumpkins that I mixed all the flesh together.  I am sure most kinds will be fine.
I used a recipe from allrecipes.com but changed it up a bit.  I live in high altitude and so I adjusted this recipe to fit where I live and what I had on hand.

  I also made this in large batches so that I could give it to neighbors and friends.  It really turned out great.

Pumpkin Ginger Bread
6 Cups Sugar
1/2 c. apple sauce
1 1/2 c. oil
8 eggs
5 1/3 c. fresh cooked pureed pumpkin flesh.
4 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. allspice
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground cloves
7 cups allpurpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 TBLS salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven 350 degrees.  Oil and flour 4 bread pans.  Mix the first nine ingredients well then add the rest and mix.  Pour into your bread pans and bake for about an hour.  When the bread bounces back when touched or a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into the center it is done.  It really is a fabulous bread.  I hope you try it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment