Thursday, December 17, 2015

Doll Clothes For Christmas Gifts



I have been making doll clothes for Christmas gifts.  These are simple clothes using clothing that was discarded.  This cute skirt was made from cutting the  bottom section of some pajama bottoms, folding over the top to make a casing for the elastic and threading the elastic through.  
The skirt is darling and finished in very little time.  The shirt was made from a shirt a friend was getting rid of.



These pajamas were made from one pajama shirt.  Look at the photos below.  I got two sets of pajamas from one shirt.  I placed the pattern strategically so that I didn't have to make button holes.  I also placed the pants pattern so that I would have the hem and embroidery on the pant legs.  
I love how they turned out.  These are for the 18" dolls that are so popular.  The sleeves are cut from the collar in one set and from the arm area in the other set.  That way it made the trim on the sleeves of the doll pajamas already done.  I did use the buttons on the one set of pajamas to cover where I put snaps.  I like avoiding making button holes.


These leggings are made from a shirt.  I made sure to place the pattern at the hem so that I didn't have to make one.  The shirt if from the same shirt that I used to make another shirt and pants for  another out fit.

If you look at this shirt, it was one that my dautghters wore.  The sleeves have holes and I would have normally have thrown this out.  But if I place the pattern on the embroidery and at the neck line It will have part of the work already done and look so cute.  I like to cut the back so that the tags are still in the doll clothes too.
I hope you get a chance to make some.  It is so fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment