Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Springville Art Museum Quilt Show

The Springville Art Museum each summer has an exhibit of beautiful quilts.  The show is beautiful every time.  I recommend you stop by not only for the quilts but for the beautiful art.  Liz Lemon Swindle has some paintings on display there for a limited time.  It is very moving to see.

Now each of these quilts are hanging in the museum but I didn't write down the artists that made each one.  If you need to know contact the museum.  The people who work there are very friendly and helpful.
















This one reminds me on the one my friend Helen made.  It is adorable.






This type of quilt is amazing.  I don't have the desire to make on though.







My girls loved looking at the quilts.  They were given gloves by the museum staff to be able to touch the quilts.  My girls loved that.

















































My girls loved this one.


This is a fun version of the Around the Town Pattern.












I love the red and white quilts.

This one really appeals to me.  It is so happy and makes me think of fun times.










You will have to hurry to see this exhibit.  So don't procrastinate.  There were awards too on many quilts but I didn't mention those in this post.  You will just have to see it for yourself.  They also have a peoples choice so don't forget to vote for your favorite.  If you do miss it there is always an equally fun art exhibit though.

No comments:

Post a Comment