Thursday, August 20, 2015

Our Panguitch Pioneer Trek



I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Our Panguitch ward recreated a pioneer trek in our Panguitch mountains.  Mormon Pioneers crossed the plains while our church was fleeing persecution.  We love our pioneer heritage and our Bishop thought this trek would bring spiritual growth for the youth in our ward.  I think the goal was met not only for the youth but for everyone that went.  We had about 75 people go on this three day trek.  I thought that this trek was wonderful.    The kids did really well.  I was impressed that these kids were able to pull and push the carts for about 22 miles.


This is Tim, He was bringing the mail.  The parents had written letters to each of the children.  I love this photo.  That horse is full of expression too.

My job was the official photographer.  I loved taking the pictures.  Besides the sunglasses and backpacks I think they look like pioneers.

No comments:

Post a Comment