Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Kim at Stitchin' It Up




Kim McAllister came to our Quilt Walk to show us her work.  She is an amazing teacher and comes each year to teach for us.  I was able to sit in one of her classes and was very impressed.  She has a shop in Cedar City, Utah called Stitchin' it Up.  It is a cute shop across the street from Linn's.  The trees cover the signs so you will have to look carefully.  She has fabrics, notions and supplies for Brazilian embroidery.  Kim has many talents and is willing to share her love for them.


I am sorry to say the photos don't do these works of art justice.  If you go to her store you could see the original.  They are truely beautiful.



Kim does beautiful embroidery to make her quilts even more special.  The embroidery is by hand.



The Halloween quilt is amazing.  








I have made one of these twister quilts and it was fun and easy.  I would do another.



I hope you can see some of the detail on this log cabin quilt.  The birds are fun but the embroidery is exceptional.


I think this is a fun star.  It looks more modern with the colors she chose.  


This witch boot will knock your socks off.  It is darling.


I sort of think this is done with the crayon technique.  I am not possitive though.

This star quilt really appeals to me.  I think it would be so fun to do it all scrappy.

Kim's husband has really been a great help to Kim with her business.  He even refinishes feather weight sewing machines.




I think this is done with that quick curve ruler.  I think it is beautiful.


This is the Metro Rings quilt.  This quilt sold out twice at our Quilt Walk classes.  The quilting on this is amazing.


Now these three photos are from the Row by Row challenge.  You can look up the challenge.  It is very fun.  You have to go to the shops to get their free patterns.  This top one was from two years ago.

This was from last year.


This is not a great photo but it is this years row.

Kim is very creative.  I loved her trunk show.  If you see a class offered by her you may want to sign up.  She is an excellent teacher.  Also stop by her shop.  She has lots of cute stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment