Monday, October 13, 2014

World Wide Blog Hop

The World Wide Blog Hop



Wow a world wide blog hop.  Amazing, all the things that come your way.  Thanks Jan for thinking of me.  I am a wife to a loving husband and a mother of three boys and two girls.  They are great kids and I love being their mom.  I have only been blogging for less than a year and I did it to stretch myself.  I do not have a gift for words but I have been blessed with so many interests.  I think I collect hobbies.  There are so many things to do and learn out there that each new thing I try broadens my horizon and is fun to me.

Question 1
What am I working on?
Right now because it is fall and all of the fruit and vegetables are ripe, I am bottling fruit.  I have done peaches, pears, jams and jellies, juices and relishes.  I am also drying herbs and apples slices.  I have lots more to do.  My apple tree is loaded and it only produces every other year so I need to bottle all I can to last both years.  Normally I would be working on a wool project.  I am also working on a churn dash quilt.  I really need to get this top finished because I am teaching it this week at our guild.




I am using Jenny Doan's method for this quilt block.  You can see her tutorial on youtube or Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I changed the size so that I could use the accu-quilter.  I am also doing it scrappy with some of the fabrics from my stash.








Question 2
How does my work differ from others in this genre?
I don't think that my work really differs but I love to change things to make them my own.  I really will try anything to see if I like it.  I love wool but am willing to work with all fabrics.  There aren't many people in our area that work with wool, but I have seen many outside our area with beautiful work.
   
Question 3
Why do I write/create what I do?
Well, I blog so I can share what I have seen or what I am doing.  I think part of it is that so many people inspire me to create and do better,  so I want to help others feel that same inspiration.  I also like to be able to show my family what I am working on.

Question 4
How does my writing/creative process work?
I feel more irritable if I don't have some creative outlet in my day.  Some days you can feel the need to be creative.  It may be just taking photos on a walk or it may be sewing on one of my projects.  Even making a new recipe helps fill that need to create.  I am inspired by those around me that do so much.  I can think up more projects than I will have time for in my life.  I feel really blessed to have so many creative out lets.  I am most creative when I am working on a project.  It seems to get those creative juices flowing.


I am tagging Nancy Moore with tominerfolkart.blogspot.com.  I have been checking out her blog and  quilts for years.  I really enjoy her work and love the wild life photos.  She is very talented and I hope you also enjoy her work.



No comments:

Post a Comment