Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Vanilla Zucchini Bread

Vanilla Zucchini Bread


It seams to me that it is hard to find that zucchini bread recipe that your whole family will like.  I was making my zucchini bread to use up that plethora of zucchini that you get each fall.  I hate to waste, so I bake them into breads and muffins and freeze them.  I have found for me that I never use the zucchini that I shredded and put in my freezer, but the breads are ready to go.  I can grab a couple of loaves for a guild meeting or someone I visit without having to stop what I am doing.  They thaw very quickly and taste great.  It is also nice to have some ready for breakfast and snacks.
These are the mini muffins.  My kids loved them.

 This is one of the many loaves that I made.

Vanilla Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
2 c sugar
2/3 c oil
1/3 c grated pear
1 1/2 T vanilla
2 c zucchini
3 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Mix it all together and bake at 350 F. until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into the bread.  The bread takes about 55 minutes.                                                                                                                                      If you are making mini muffins they only take about 13 minutes.


In making this recipe it sort of evolved.  I ran out of oil and only had enough for two batches.  I was tripling the batch so I grated a ripe pear to make up the difference in oil.  They turned out better than I ever expected.  My family loves them.

I have made so many I told my husband that maybe I will give them out now for Christmas.  That way I won't have to store them in my freezer and they will be fresh.  Besides doesn't it seem that we get so many treats at Christmas that it would be nice to get it at a different time.  He said people may not remember that I already gave them something.  I told him it doesn't matter I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment