Thursday, October 9, 2014

Orange Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread



Orange Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

This recipe started from allrecipes.com but I changed it up.  I don't like cinnamon and nutmeg in all my breads so I left it out of mine.  It also called for nuts and we have nut allergies in our family so I left those out also.  The bread has a great texture and tastes really good.  I think if I had more oranges I would have increased the zest slightly.  I tend to have extra zucchini that is over flowing the measuring cup too when I measure.  

The bread turned out really well.  I made muffins and bread out of this recipe and my family liked it.  One of my daughters thought there were too many chocolate chips in it though.

Orange Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 c sugar
1 c oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 c zucchini
1 c chocolate chips
1 TBL Orange zest
3 c flour
1/4 tsp baking Powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp salt
Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.  It makes 2 loaves.  Mini muffins take about 13 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment