Wednesday, June 18, 2014



My Quilt Walk Classes

The second weekend in June we have a quilt retreat here in Panguitch, Utah.  It is called the Quilt Walk.  We have all sorts of activities going on that are really fun.  We have a quilt show, a dinner theater, a tractor pull and parade, a race, a home tour, quilting classes, trunk shows, a chocolate fest and more.  Check out the web site quiltwalk.org.


I am teaching three classes.  The first is called a Gentle Life.  It is wool appliqué.  This is one of my most favorite things to do.  Wool applique is relaxing and easy.  Threads That Bind is where this pattern is from.  I love dying the wool and seeing what variations I can get.  This class is full unless someone drops out.


Norma Whaley designed this pattern.  It is sold by Geoff's Mom's patterns.  I made some changes to it by adding the blossoms and the nest.  The original is made with red berries and no nest.  I wanted to have it a little more spring like so I also added blue background.  I teach this class on Saturday morning, June 14th.  


Little Town of Bethlehem is one of Under the Garden Moon designs.  I will be teaching this on Saturday, June 14th, in the afternoon.  I re-sized this so that it would fit in a standard size frame.  It is so costly to have custom frames made that I thought it was a good idea.  I know that my star and one of the buildings are crooked but as I told my friend it is done, so that means it is finished.  I am not a perfectionist by any means.  I do this for my own enjoyment.  Let's just say it is more folk arty this way.  I found this frame at our thrift store and it worked out well.  I got a frame for the Welcome one too but have not taken a picture of it yet, framed.  

The Quilt Walk Quilt show is fun to go through.  We will hang any one's quilt and the only judging is for people's choice.  The quilt that is chosen by the people is then featured on the next years book marks and advertising for the Quilt Walk.  We would also love to have any help hanging and taking down the show.  If you are intrested let me know.

Quilt Walk Raffle Quilt

This is the quilt we made for the raffle that helps pay for the cost of Quilt Walk.  We have a fabulous group that put a lot of work into the Quilt Walk.  All of the fabrics were donated for the scrappy look of this quilt.  It is made up of a load of 2 1/2 inch squares.  Let me just say that I loved the AccuQuilt die cutter.  It still took a lot of time to cut it all out but it is less figuring.  Also working with all of the scraps was nice to be able to use the AccuQuilt.




































It turned out beautiful.  We sell tickets for 1.00 a ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment