Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Ice Fishing

I took my girls ice fishing yesterday for the first time.  We were at Panguitch Lake and it was -8.  In 4H the kids made jigs to fish with and then we met up at the lake to try them out.  In our group only four caught fish.


My girls were freezing while I was going from hole to hole scooping out the ice.  Here I thought I would cover up and read.  That sure didn't work out like I had planned.


After two hours we gave up and went home.  Sophie thought her toes were going to fall off.  It was a beautiful day and we did see deer and elk on our way up and back.  I had taken a couple of books and snacks in anticipation of relaxing.  That did not happen.  I think I would not mind ice fishing if I wasn't tending to two miserably cold girls and their fishing holes.



No comments:

Post a Comment